Images are powerful because we are naturally drawn to them.
This probably explains the growing popularity of Instagram and Pinterest–especially for marketers.
Come to think of it, Pinterest is the go-to social platform for people who like to plan their recipes, OOTDs, routines, and basically anything under the sun. Some users even go to Pinterest to draw inspiration from motivational pins!
Here are some mindblowing statistics that will knock your socks off:
- 250 million people use Pinterest every month
- Visual searches on Pinterest have more than doubled in just one year.
- 59% of millennials discovered products on Pinterest
Recently, Pinterest has also built a reputation for being a great tool to drive traffic to websites and blogs. Basically, Pinterest has become more than what it started out to be. Today, it is a powerful tool for helping your business.
I’m sure you already know this, as most social media marketers do. You already know what Pinterest can help you with. You already know the goals you want to achieve.
But the thing is, how do you find time to manage your Pinterest account to achieve great results? Do you have to spend hours pinning and repinning? How many times a week do you have to create new pins? What about group boards?
Would you believe that the answers to this can be answered by an app called Tailwind? I’m not kidding. If you haven’t heard of Tailwind yet, you’re in for a treat.
*Disclosure: Any affiliate links earn me a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to buy after clicking.
Tailwind in a Nutshell
Basically, Tailwind is what you can call an all-in-one marketing tool. That’s why it’s trusted by the most successful of bloggers and business owners.
It’s a social media scheduler that is so much more than just a scheduler. Here’s what Tailwind can help you with:
- Upload and schedule bulk images
- Hashtag lists
- Maximizing your reach
- Optimizing pinning times
- Provide complete insights and analytics
- Reach the right people
Don’t worry, because we’re going to go through the specific features of Tailwind one by one so you can see what you’re missing out on.
Easy and efficient scheduling
Save time with Tailwind’s scheduling tools and features. The days of pinning one pin at a time are over. With Tailwind, you can upload all your content in bulk, then use the Tailwind scheduler to spread and schedule the posts. Here are other noteworthy things about scheduling with Tailwind.
Save images from anywhere on the Internet with the browser extension
- You can actually pin an image directly or save it on Tailwind for scheduling at a later time
- You can customize which boards you want the image to appear in, plus which times you want the pin to post
Define your optimal pinning schedule using the Smart Scheduler
Tailwind suggests optimal publishing times based on their analysis of when your followers are online. These suggestions will appear as dotted time-slots on the smart scheduler.
- Accept a suggestion or add your own preferences. It’s up to you.
- Change the schedule anytime you wish.
- Remember that over time, the smart scheduler will change because your data is everchanging
View all scheduled pins at once along with the corresponding boards
- Each row shows a pin and the board it will be published on
- A padlock symbol pertains to the pin being locked-in to that specific timeslot
- Feel free to move the pins by simply dragging and dropping
Pin to various boards at the same time
- If you have a pin that will go with about five boards, you don’t have to manually pin five times
- Create a “board list” or a group of boards in one category
- Schedule the same pin to a bard list with just one click
Analytics and Monitoring
Tailwind probably has the most comprehensive set of data insights and analytics. Using the official Pinterest KPI, Tailwind’s analytics is built right into its dashboard. Analyze and measure your performance with ease. You can track the data up to the individual pin level.
Meanwhile, you can connect Google Analytics to your Tailwind account. By doing so, you get to see how your Pinterest content is helping your domain.
Here are the data available for your use.
- Check out your totals for followers, comments, pins, and repins.
- Virality and engagement scores are also available
- 30-day average and 30-day high
- Analyze at the board level
- Check out the last week’s board data for pins, followers, repins, and comments plus the virality and engagement score too
- Sort the data by each column depending on what you want to zero in on
- Understand why specific pins are performing the way they are
- Sort according to board, comments, repins, or date pinned
- Search for a pin using the search bar
- Filter by date or category or website
- Reschedule the pin if you need to
- Add a specific pin to one of your Tribes (we’ll talk about this later!)
- Find similar content
- A free report is delivered to your inbox every single week
- Compare and contrast this week to last week’s data
- Apply necessary changes right away
- Here you can see the daily average of pins and pinners for the past week
- The Enterprise feature includes potential impressions
- This portion shows you the performance of your latest pins.
- You can repin and comment from here.
- Know the common keywords and topics used with your content usually
Traffic from referrals
- Know where your visitors are coming from, how many times they’ve visited or viewed pages, and of course, how much revenue they are bringing in.
Now, this is Tailwind’s pride and glory. There’s nothing else like Tailwind Tribes. Basically, there are probably over 4,000 tribes to choose from. In each tribe, you get to meet a group of like-minded people who share really great quality content per niche.
Tribes help you find great content easily, as well as make your original content seen by the right people. They are a great way to get more exposure to your pins and drive more traffic
How do you find a tribe?
- Look for the ‘Find a Tribe’ tab and search for tribes by keyword, category, or tag.
- Preview the content
- Check the total number of members
- Read the Tribe rules
- Request to join the Tribe or Tribes of your choice
- BONUS TIP: You can create your own Tribe too!
So, what’s inside a tribe and what do I do in it?
- You can view all the members plus the pins they have shared
- A Tribes Weekly Digest shows you how you and your tribes are performing
- Contribute content and share content from others!
- Share your tribe’s pins.
Okay, so Smart Loop is another genius feature of Tailwind. Basically, it’s your key to staying consistent. This is different from the Smart Scheduler, and it makes it so easy to reshare your existing pins.
Here’s what you have to do: just add pins to Smart Loop once, and Tailwind will do the job of recirculating them until you want it to stop. It’s your evergreen content that always performs best, so make the most of them. The Smart Loop feature will republish your content at the right frequency and to the right boards–even your Group Boards.
The result? You will stay relevant whatever the season.
It’s a powerful feature and you should take advantage of it.
Tailwind’s FREE trial has no time limit and it doesn’t ask for your payment details up front. You can use it as long as you want until you’ve scheduled 100 pins and 30 IG posts.
For the paid plans, here are your options. I put them in a table for your easier comparison.
|Plus ($9.99/month)||Professional ($799.99/month)||Enterprise (varying)|
|It’s good for bloggers and small businesses with less than 25 employees||Perfect for large brands, organizations, and agencies||You can contact Tailwind if you want an enterprise plan designed for your brand’s needs.|
Overall, Tailwind has taken the Pinterest world by storm. It’s an excellent powerhouse for getting the most of your Pinterest and Instagram accounts.
You can easily upload your content and schedule it, with the smart scheduler helping you optimize the timing. The Tailwind Tribes are useful and will help your pins reach more like-minded people in your niche.
Though it lacks image cropping and editing, this is a really small thing that can be ignored given all the valuable assets that Tailwind has.
If you’re a digital marketer, Tailwind will help level up your business.