You know you’re supposed to get your name out there right?
After all, how will your brand succeed?
How will you compete with other brands with similar products or services?
Popular brands already have a lot of followers and pretty big audiences because their customers already trust them and find them reliable. But what about you?
Do your customers trust you? Would they want to invest in your products or services?
This is an essential rule when it comes to social media marketing. But how do you do it? How do you start?
Don’t worry, don’t freak out.
Read on, and we’ll go through different ways you can get your name out there even if you are just starting out.
*Disclosure: Any affiliate links earn me a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you choose to buy after clicking.
Provide accurate descriptions
Don’t waste your target market’s precious time by using misleading titles or images. Remember this: nothing destroys your credibility faster than click-baiting! Make it easy for your customers to understand what they will find when they click your content.
WHAT TO DO:
- Use simple and relevant titles. This may seem obvious but unfortunately, some marketers still feel that hype sells. In reality, exaggeration does nothing more than to destroy trust.
- Use accurate and straight-forward pin descriptions. By using straight-forward, relevant words, you’ll be providing accurate information to your users while increasing your brand’s SEO.
Be a giver!
As with other social media platforms, it’s essential that you give more than you get. On Pinterest, this translates to pinning the quality information of others, commenting on their pins and answering questions in a timely manner.
Pinterest is essentially a community in and of itself because it’s made up of users who all enjoy visually appealing content. Be active on Pinterest by getting involved with the community that is interested in what you are offering. Remember, it’s not just about getting exposure, it’s about being part of the niche.
WHAT TO DO:
- Join and participate in group boards that are relevant to your brand, and be totally into it!
- Comment on posts of similar brands–yes, even your competitors!
- Don’t forget to reply to comments right away.
- Re-pin quality and relevant posts of other users.
- You can explore joining Tailwind tribes where it’s easier to meet other brands in your community.
While ‘trending’ isn’t that much of a priority on Pinterest as compared to other social media networks, it’s still important that you make yourself appear as a regular content provider. By doing so, your followers won’t jump ship and lose interest.
WHAT TO DO:
- Make a schedule and stick to it!
- Don’t pin a number of pins all at once
- Check out Tailwind’s scheduler so you don’t have to pin manually every time
Confirm your profile
Be sure you’re using a business account, rather than a personal one. This will give you access to Pinterest analytics. Plus, your logo is displayed along with all your pins, and this is a big step towards brand recognition. Talk about credibility and legitimacy!
WHAT TO DO:
- Switch to a business account!
- Once you switch, confirm your account.
- Read this for a walk through on how to verify your profile.
These simple steps will not only improve your relationship with your customers, but these will surely make them trust your brand more. Increase your reach and your sales by starting out with these tweaks.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD YOUR PINTEREST CHECKLIST